Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet Home

This break has been significantly different than my other breaks so far. And I've only been home 3 days.

Since going to school, my friendships with a lot of my highschool friends have ended, which I'm fine with because we all moved on. Sort of. When I came home for my very first break, a majority of my friends ended up going to the community college in my city, which allowed them to remain in all the High School drama, hang out with the same people, and not grow up the slightest. I hung out with a bunch of my old friends for one night and that was enough for me - I noticed how much I had grown up in 5 whole weeks by just moving away from here and meeting new people.

Anyway, long story short - I've got like 4 good friends here at home. Which I'm fine with - they're really good friends and I love them all. The difference between this break though, and the others, is that because I don't have many friends here at home anymore, I spent a lot of my breaks last year staying at home and not doing anything. One of my friends is still friends with all the old people from High School, my best friend works a whole bunch and has a boyfriend, and one of my other friends didn't come home for any breaks last year.

But 3 days being home, I've seen my parents for a total of 3 hours. No joke. I've been all over the place with friends so far, and I am not complaining! It's so nice to see everyone and to get to hang out again. There's still drama between people which I really don't understand, but whatever. Last night a bunch of us went to our old High School concert, which was awful but so much fun. We all talked in the auditorium after the concert for about an hour and it was so cool to all talk. And from there, I've made about a weekful of plans, which I'm sure will expand into a month, resulting in a great vacation.

I've been coming up with reasons to text Boca, though. Haha. I just don't want all communication to just... end while we're both home on break. Yes, we're both with family and friends, but I don't want us to stop talking.

I hope everyone's having a great holiday season so far! :)

3 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

I love free time while on break... I'm already on my third book!

Jake said...

oo what are you reading right now?

I haven't had time to read in SO long. I used to be a huge reader, so it's disappointing that I haven't read in months.

hoteltuesday said...

I read a trilogy by a writer named Agosta Kristof, The Notebook, The Proof, and The Third Lie.
It's about twin brothers separated during World War II. Not the stuff I'd normally read, but they were really good. And disturbing. haha.

Post a Comment