Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Free Time

I didn't get cast in this semesters Opera, which I'm surprisingly okay with. I thought I gave a great audition, but right after my first piece I had a feeling I wasn't what they were looking for. So I wasn't surprised to not see my name on the list. But I'm extremely happy for all those who did make it, and I was even more surprised of those who didn't (like Boca who is a great singer).

Is it bad that the first thought that I had after not seeing my name was "I wonder if this means Boca and I will get to hang out more?" Yes? Okay.

In all reality, it will be nice to have the time to really just relax this semester. Even though my organization is also doing a production this semester, I don't really know the show we've chosen and I don't want to play a big role in the production. I told my friend, who is also the president, that I'll be Stage Manager if it is needed, but if not, I'd like to sit this one out. And I'm looking forward to the time that I'll get. I've been going to the gym a lot since I've come back because, just like everyone else in the world, I'd like to lose some weight/get into shape this year. But unlike the majority of everyone else in the world, I can actually stick to it. The gym was PACKED the other night that I went, and then just yesterday it was already clearer. A week from now, I bet it won't be busy at all. Last year, I wasn't able to keep a routine ONLY because I was in the Opera. Now I have the time to go, and it won't interfere with school work.

I can't wait until I'm all fit and hot. Take that Opera.

4 comments:

Gary said...

lol - good luck with that! I'm trying my my best to stick with it too!

Polt said...

It's great that you're not upset about the Opera. but every audition, I suppose, is practice for the next time, right? And I don't know about the fit, but you're rather hot right now. :)

HUGS...

Unknown said...

I could never go to the gym all the time. Working out is so boring to me. And I'm too lazy. lol.

hoteltuesday said...

TCNJ?! umm... that comment was from me. lol.

Post a Comment