Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's the End

I go back to school tomorrow. I feel like I just got home, and I'm already thinking about everything I have to do. I'm really leaving today around 4, going up to Buffalo, staying at a friends house, and then together we'll go up to school. It's only a 5 hour drive from Buffalo, which is good compared to the about 6 hours it is from my home. Classes don't officially begin until the 19th (Yes, MLK Jr Day, how nice New York State), but I'm going to get a head start on opera auditions and on some of my rep. I also want to find where my Spanish class is going to be, because it's in a building that I haven't had a class in it yet.

I am happy to be leaving my house though. My sisters boyfriend is driving me insane. He's a nice guy and everything, but he's ALWAYS HERE. He and my sister work at the same place, so they drive together. So he comes over around noon, and they go to work together around 2:30. Fine. But this is my break. Everytime he comes over, they take over the living room, leaving me my bedroom as the only place I can go. And worse, sometimes he doesn't have to work till 4, so he just hangs out in my sisters room. Which sucks for me, because my practice time is 2:30-3:30 and I CANNOT practice unless everyone has left the house (Idk, I'm weird). What I'm also not comfortable with is that he spends the night in the basement (right outside my bedroom) when I'm not home. It shouldn't be that big a deal, but I feel like he's moving himself right into our house. The house is small enough as it is, it doesn't need another person. The only reason him staying here is a big deal is because my sisters last boyfriend used to stay here and ended up stealing a lot from my family. Wounds are hard to heal, I suppose.

I'm obsessed with the movie La Vie en Rose. I bought it for my mom two Christmas's ago, but we never got around to watch it until yesterday. I AM OBSESSED. I cried hysterically in the end, and I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. It's such a beautiful story, and the actress who plays Edith Pilaf is a genious. I have never seen an actress embody a character as well as she did. If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to go out and get it immediately.

I've also been reading Wicked again. This is probably my 4th time reading it - I can't get enough of it. I find it a hard read, but a good one, and everytime I finish it I discover something new about the characters. I'm also rereading it because I've had "Son of Witch" on my bookshelf, unread, for some time now and I really want to read that when I get back to school. I used to be obsessed with reading and am now just getting back into it, so if anyone has any suggestions, please leave me.

All in all, this break has been great but I'm sad to go back (except for the part I talked about already). Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I just dropped out of school and stayed at home. I know I'm too focused and strong willed to do that, and that I would be unhappy, but sometimes I just feel too exhausted to head back into the real world.

4 comments:

The Vice Buddha said...

U know, i just got reminded of this bok that's unfinished still. I had completely forgotten about it in my writing frenzy. I just located the missing pages of the unfinished novel that I am writing...yay yay yay! And I so need to do a lotta work on it. So that book took backseat during all this :|

Polt said...

Have a safe trip to Buffalo and then back to school! I knew it's cold up there (it's pretty damn cold here, and you're north of me), and I hope the weathers not all snowy and stuff for you.

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Don't quit school! You might have to have a chat with the family too about your sister's boyfriend. Elephants in the room don't get addressed unless you mention them!

GL going back to school! I know the break has been a little difficult.

hoteltuesday said...

Oh man! You're going back so early! I go back next Tuesday.

I've wanted to see La Vie en Rose ever since Marion Cotillard won the Oscar for Best Actress. And I see you liked her performance too! Although that year I was sad Julie Christie didn't win for Away From Her. Yes, I love sad movies btw.

I just read Wicked for the first time last semester and loved it. I want to continue with the other Oz books by Maguire when I have some time. I'm reading Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar right now, which I've meant to read for forever! Love it so far.

Post a Comment