Sunday, December 28, 2008

Counting Down

Now that it's after Christmas, I've just starting to realize how little time I have left here at home. I feel like I just got here, and I only have 3 weeks or so left. And I have little downtime in those remaining weeks.

For New Years, I'm going up to Buffalo to party at a friends house for the evening. It shall be fun, as many friends from school will be there and it'll be nice to see everyone. I'm leaving the next day to come back home, and then it's back up to Buffalo on the 2nd to stay at my friend M's house. We're leaving from there on the 3rd to go to Cincinnati to visit CCM and we're both taking lessons with Barbara Paver. I'm looking into CCM as a possible graduate school, although I'm really interested in NYU because of it's location (although it isn't known for it's music program). 

After that, I'm going to start organizing my summer recital and get some job applications in for the summer. I have an opportunity to study in Germany this coming summer, but not for cheap. It's a music program in both Opera and Musical Theatre, but it's going to be about $5000 to just go, not including plain tickets there and back. But it'd be an opportunity of a lifetime that I want to have. But then again, I'd like to be home to work as much as I can and make as much money as possible. I guess we'll see how the dice roll.

I can't believe that I'm halfway through my sophomore year of college. I'm almost halfway done with college, it's going that fast. Sometimes I still regret not going to school for Musical Theatre, but when I sing that type of rep now I've noticed how strong my voice has become, and how I'm able to sing that and classical repertoire. And for that, I'm glad I've decided to go to a classical school. Although I am lacking the stage experience for a musical theatre degree, I can really tailor my schedule to include acting classes if I prefer and still get some exposure. I'm still auditioning for Broadway shows, you just watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment