Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Mad.

At my computer.

I have a macbook, which I bought for school in the summer of 07. It's been great so far, except that I always run out of space because of the loads of music and movies I put on it. When I first bought it, I had it come with Windows XP so I could still play the Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon (they're my guilty pleasure). It was fine for a long time until I needed the space for school, and removed Window's. I've put it back on a couple of times since then, but then in June, my computer completely crashed. It was my fault, as I was uploading cd's and didn't realize that I had used all of the space left. Seriously, there was nothing left. So I sent my computer to Apple and they sent it back, new harddrive and all.

But now, I CANNOT even partition my harddrive for Window's. It keeps giving me "Bootcamp cannot move some files" shit. So I did some research and some people said to back up the computer, erase everything, and then reupload. But I'm too scared to do that. Some people also said that Bootcamp can't partition when any file is over 4gigs. So I found all the largest files on my computer and put them on my external. Nope, didn't work. Someone else also said to boot up in Safe Mode. Did that, and it actually started to partition. But come to find it get to the end and flash the same warning.

So I'm looking for some Mac people here who might know what I should do. I just want to play some games on my computer and I can't even install Windows. Help!

1 comments:

Scott Anthony said...

I don't think you should be scared to format your hard drive. If you use a cloning program--SuperDuper is one example--it will make a complete copy of your hard drive. There's no way you'll forget anything that way. Also, if you're using Leopard, you should start using Time Machine, and when things like this happen, you'll definitely have a good, and complete, backup.

Scott

Post a Comment