Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years

So this is the part when the entire blogosphere writes about their new years resolutions and what they liked about this past year or didn't like or whatever. Because I'm a follower and don't like to stray too far from the pack, I'll follow suit in a way. I'm just going to reflect on my year.

This year has been an okay one. I really have no idea how else to describe this year. In 2008,

  • I completed my freshmen year of college. I entered college as a Music Education major, and left picking up another, Vocal Performance.
  • I drank way too much in the 2nd semester and spent an evening throwing up in a tub for an hour.
  • My Grandpa passed away in February, leaving me with no living grandparents.
  • I worked at a company that sells expensive knives and other utensils.
  • I played piano in a touring community theatre production of The Music Man.
  • I saw Wicked in Buffalo and became good friends with the understudy for Galinda.
  • I bought a $500 camera and decided that I wanted to take photography classes (although those have yet to happen).
  • I took my very first online class, Connections to Biology, and did surprisingly well.
  • I eliminated people out of my life who did not play a large role in who I was anymore (as in old high school friends that turned out to be flakes)
  • I started my sophomore year of college, living in a townhouse with two women and another gay man.
  • I was cast in the fall Opera with only a cast of 12.
  • As Vice President of the Musical Theatre Organization, I was Musical Director for our fall production.
  • Have been single for over a year.
  • Was told by my High School choir director that I would receive her job after getting my masters.
Not sure what else happened, as other things were not as significant. This has been a great year, on the whole, but not too much happened as compared to other years. I feel like I could make this post so much more interesting if more had happened. I am looking forward to 2009, as there is actually a lot going on that will lead me in a good direction. Of course, I'm hoping there will be some kind of love interest in this coming year, or I might just kill myself.

In other news, I'm heading up to Buffalo to a friends house for New Years. I'm really excited because I'm going to see a bunch of school friends. Then it's back here for a day, then back up to leave there with another friend to head to Cincinnati and see Cincinnati Conservatory. So excited.

2 comments:

S said...

Don't forget your flings with boys :P

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like quite a lot happened!

Post a Comment