Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Day After

My house has never felt so empty before. It's just weird not having Abby here. My room is in the basement and I used to hear her walk throughout the house, and last night I swear I could still hear her. When I was laying on the couch, I made sure I didn't step on her because she used to lay below my feet, before I realized she wasn't there. As I walked through the kitchen, I thought maybe she'd want to go out before I realized that she wasn't here. I'm not nearly as upset as I was yesterday, and all this is just going to take some time getting used to.

I want to thank everyone for the kind comments yesterday - Josh, Gary, aron2631, Dane, Polt, and Steve. I really appreciate the comments you left me. I'm also really glad you all commented because you all have great blogs (except for aron2631 because I couldn't find yours) and as a result, will be adding you to my daily reads. So watch out for my comments. You've been warned ;-)

I haven't done anything all day except watch The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Oh yes. I practiced a little bit but nothing was really sounding good so I gave up for the day. I'm letting this be my lazy day. I go back to school next week and I really just want to relax as much as I can before I go back into the stressful environment of Music School.

1 comments:

Polt said...

Each day will get a little easier, Jake. Just take the time, since you've got it, and mourn her. And alwasy remember the good times.

On a lighter note, please do comment often! I'm a comment whore and I love them. :)

HUGS...

Post a Comment